Friday, June 19, 2009

scents

scents always take me back to points in time, or places, and bring back happy memories. i am a bit of a scent junkie. i have a whole dresser top full of them, and i rarely wear the same scent two days in a row.

my most recent scent purchase was jo malone's grapefruit cologne and lime basil & mandarin cologne which i wear paired together. the result is a fresh clean soapy modern scent, i love it. it's perfect for the up coming steamy muggy new york summer.

well, today i was at barney's, when i found myself in their basement which houses all the make up and perfume. DANGER.
i found my next scent, le labo's jasmin 17.


image via lelabofragrances.com

it reminds me of growing up in my parents house back in california. they have jasmine vines on the fence right by my bedroom window, and orange trees in the backyard. childhood memories aside, i love this scent because its so feminine and soft. its not very strong, so i can't help but sniff my wrists over and over again. the longer i wear it the warmer and softer it gets, at the moment its this pretty floral sweet vanilla scent.

jasmin 17 notes:
-jasmine !!!!!
-litsea cubeba
-neroli
-orange flower !!!!!
-palma rosa
-bigarade
-amber
-musk
-sandal wood !!!!
-vanilla !!!!!!

i'm waiting with bated breath for september to come. september is when tom ford is launching his line of white musks. there will be four in total, one of which will be a jasmine musk. i cannot wait, i love tom fords fragrances. they are always very sensuous, fleshy, rich, and opulent. it will be interesting to see what he considers "simple, fresh, light and a little less heavy."
read more here.





ps. my brithday is in early august, i wouldn't object if you insisted on getting me perfume as a gift! just an fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment